THE IMPORTANCE OF STANDARD 27001 IN INFORMATION SECURITY (ISMS)
In the middle of the digital age, organizations are concerned about the security of the information they manage, due to the risks and vulnerabilities that arise from the processing of this data. The standard that contains the necessary requirements to establish, implement, maintain and improve an Information Management System is ISO 27001.
- What is ISO 27001 and what is it for?
The ISO 27001 standard establishes requirements for information security management (ISMS) . These are basic actions to protect our information against possible attacks or external threats. Each and every phase of ISO 27001 focuses on the control and analysis of risks and threats within the organization . Therefore, the main purpose of the ISMS is to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information.
- Why is ISO 27001 essential for companies?
The benefits of implementing ISO 27001 affect the scope of the company in its legal compliance, its functional aspect, the image it projects, financial confidence and the awareness of workers regarding the manipulation of information.
There are 4 essential advantages for an organization:
- Comply with legal requirements: There are more and more laws, regulations and contractual requirements that relate to information security. Most of these laws can be resolved and comply with what is implemented in the ISO 27001 standard.
- Gain a competitive advantage: If an organization obtains certification and its competitors do not, it gives it some advantage over them in the eyes of its customers. At a commercial level, it provides credibility and trust among the company’s clients.
- Lower financial impact: one of the main objectives of the ISO 27001 standard is to avoid the occurrence of security incidents and, in this way, achieve a reduction in the economic impact that it supposes to any company
- Better response to change: monitoring the correct implementation of an information security management system (ISMS) offers companies a better definition of their processes and procedures, thus providing a better adaptation to organizational change.
- Why get certified to be an ISO 27001 internal auditor?
An auditor in ISO 27001 must demonstrate adequate training and experience to periodically review the audit of an organization and verify that the management system implemented serves the purpose we are pursuing, including compliance with the reference standard.
If the objective of your company is to achieve compliance with ISO 27001, or obtain an ISO 27001 certification, you need to have people who have a deep knowledge of the requirements of the standard, how to implement it and about the performance of internal audits of the system .
Currently, according to employment platforms such as Infojobs and LinkedIn , many companies from different sectors (such as KPMG, Accenture, Sanitas, Banco Santander or BBVA) are looking for qualified and certified personnel as IT Auditor in Information Security.
- Online training in Cybersecurity
As part of a collaboration agreement between? TÜV Rheinland ?and the? European University , students and alumni of the Master’s Degree in Information Technology Security will be able to? obtain certification in the ISO 27001: 2013 standard.
The objective of this agreement is that the students of the? Master in Computer Security? acquire the necessary training to take the certification exam that allows them to improve their job opportunities and obtain a professional projection at an international level.
In this way, the preparation of the? exam? to obtain the certification in the ISO 27001: 2013 standard will be possible for those who take or have taken subjects such as Information Security Management Systems, Security Audit and Computer Risk Analysis, whose contents are aimed at the? implementation of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) .