An MBA (or Master of Business Administration ) is a postgraduate training aimed, mainly, at people already graduated , professionals with years of work experience and entrepreneurs who have in mind to specialize in the direction and management of companies , consulting or entrepreneurship of a business .
As a general rule, the study programs of an MBA try to offer an overview of how a business project works , provide knowledge about the different areas that make it up (Marketing and Communication, Finance, Accounting, Operations, Human Resources …), doing emphasis on the most practical and strategic aspects.
All this, with the aim that the students who decide to take one acquire the managerial skills necessary to aspire to a position of greater responsibility or, directly, to lead an organization.
MBA: OFFICIAL OR OWN?
Depending on the university or business school, MBAs can be official or their own. The main differences between one and the other are that the former:
- They comply with the regulations of the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA), which is attached to the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities.
- They are recognized in the European Union and, therefore, it is possible to homologate them in any of the member countries of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
- They allow access to a PHD PROGRAM .
WHY IS STUDYING AN MBA A GOOD IDEA?
Studying an MBA can be a good idea if, in addition to acquiring and consolidating skills related to business management and management and expanding your network of contacts , you are interested in adding value to your professional profile that helps differentiate your CV from the rest .
Taking this type of study will also allow you to keep up to date with the current market situation and your (possible) competitors, thus developing your more analytical and strategic “self”.
Upon completion of an MBA, you will have the possibility of applying for more executive positions , more interesting projects and even higher incomes .
MBA OR MASTER: WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE?
While pursuing postgraduate studies can help you advance in your professional career and not lose the thread in a constantly changing and increasingly demanding job market, there are some differences between an MBA and a Master’s degree.
Here are some brief guidelines on the circumstances in which one or the other might interest you more:
At the European University we have a wide academic offer of MBA. What are you waiting for? Take a look and don’t get left behind in your training!
- MBA IN PHARMACEUTICAL AND BIOTECHNOLOGY COMPANIES
- MASTER’S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – MBA
- EXECUTIVE MBA IN SPORTS MANAGEMENT
- MASTER’S DEGREE IN MANAGEMENT OF SPORTS ENTITIES MBA
- MASTER’S DEGREE IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT AND DIRECTION – MBA IT
- MASTER’S DEGREE IN INTERNATIONAL BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT – INTERNATIONAL CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT – MBA
- MASTER’S DEGREE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – MBA ONLINE