They say that one of the most important decisions you can make in life is which career to study because it significantly marks your future. If you have decided to be an engineer, congratulations. You will have many options for your professional career since the engineering sector is one that will continue to grow in the coming years. But, are you clear about what type of engineering you are going to study?
Engineering is a broad term that covers various industries and sectors. Engineers search for solutions to real problems using a combination of math, science, and technology. In the past, engineering could be divided into four main branches: mechanical, civil, chemical, and electrical. Today, there are different types of engineering , and in this post we are going to see some of them and what types of engineering careers you can study.
WHAT TYPES OF ENGINEERING ARE THERE?
- Aeronautical engineering : Aeronautical engineering consists of the production, research and construction of aircraft and everything that has to do with them such as airports and the use of airspace. Aeronautical engineers are also involved in the design, manufacture, and maintenance of airplanes, helicopters, and satellites. If you are interested in this sector, you can study the DEGREE IN AEROSPACE ENGINEERING at the European University.
- Industrial Systems Engineering: The degree in Industrial Systems Engineering is the degree that groups together the main Engineering: Mechanics, Electronics and Automation, Industrial Organization, Industrial Technologies, Automotive and Robotics. The main objective is the optimization of the various sectors of an industry – specifically productivity, quality and service. Engineers, who usually study a DEGREE IN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING , will be able to specialize in the mention that interests them the most. They are responsible for planning, directing and controlling different areas within the company, so you must have knowledge of information systems and business management tools focused on logistics, operations, and finance.
- Mechanical Engineering: This branch of engineering focuses on the analysis, design and validation of various mechanical systems. There is the option of studying a major in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING AND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING , an engineer has the ability to solve problems related to dynamics, behavior, comfort, acceleration, braking and control of all systems inherent to the operation of all kinds vehicular. They will be prepared to work in the competition sector.
- Engineering Industrial Organization: Industrial engineering is a branch of engineering that encompasses the administration of processes within the industry, such as continuous improvement, use of resources and the assurance of the quality of products and their due optimization. People who want to study a DEGREE IN INDUSTRIAL ORGANIZATION ENGINEERING , in addition to having a complete vision of the engineering sector, also acquire skills such as leadership and teamwork to be able to lead projects in their companies. If you want to work in the engineering sector but have a position more focused on business management, you should still think about studying a DOUBLE DEGREE IN INDUSTRIAL ORGANIZATION ENGINEERING AND ADE .
- Civil Engineering: It is one of the best known engineering disciplines. Civil engineers are dedicated to the design, planning and construction of all types of infrastructure such as bridges, buildings, roads, ports and more. On a day-to-day basis, they perform various tasks including preparation of studies, project execution and administration, and auxiliary engineering tasks. The importance of understanding the entire process of a project as large as building buildings or roads is key. With the DEGREE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING at the European University, you will learn through projects and challenges in real companies that bring you closer to the world of civil engineers from day one and you will visit various types of civil works, control centers, accredited laboratories.
- Electronic and Automatic Engineering: Electronic engineering deals with the study of the use, design and maintenance and everything that has to do with the operation of various electrical devices. Electronic engineers solve problems related to industrial process control engineering, power electronic systems, and instrumentation. As it is a fairly broad discipline, and more and more we depend on electronic devices in our day to day. There is the option of studying a double specialization, mention in ELECTRONIC AND AUTOMATIC ENGINEERING AND ROBOTICS . With this profile they have many options to work in any sector.
- Computer Engineering: Computer engineering is the design, construction, implementation, and maintenance of computers and computer-controlled equipment for the benefit of mankind. It is a discipline of engineering based on data and mathematics. Therefore, people who want to work in that sector or study a BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING should have a profile focused on analytics and an interest in technology.
- Biomedical engineering: It is a discipline that combines engineering techniques within the field of medicine or biomedical sciences. With the knowledge acquired in a DEGREE IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING , biomedical engineers are mainly dedicated to the development of necessary instruments in the health sector, such as medical equipment, diagnostic and therapy devices, and prostheses among others.
- Mathematical engineering applied to data analysis: It goes very hand in hand with computer engineering. Mathematical engineering consists of finding solutions to complex problems in the real world in any sector, using mathematics as a basis. With a DEGREE IN MATHEMATICAL ENGINEERING, engineers have very varied professional opportunities, such as Data Scientist, Infrastructure Manager for Big Data or Big Data Systems Auditor.
ARE THERE MORE ENGINEERING CAREERS?
In this post we have tried to show some of the disciplines within the engineering world. However, of course there are many more, and since it is a sector that is constantly evolving, they are increasing according to the demands of companies and the problems that we encounter on a day-to-day basis that need a solution. At the European University, we offer a portfolio of programs in the engineering area for all types of profiles and for all levels. You can see here the training cycles, degrees and masters that we offer if you want to study engineering .