If you have ever wondered what logistics within a company consists of and you have looked for it on the Internet, you will have seen that one of the best examples in this regard is on Amazon. Indeed, it is one of the fundamental pieces within the production chain of a company, through which the contracted products or services are delivered to customers.
More specifically, we could say that the logistics process consists of planning, executing and controlling all the activities related to obtaining, storing and moving materials to give the client the best possible service and to complete the work with the minimum cost. .
As you can imagine, the bigger a company is, the bigger its logistics network. However, all areas of all companies pursue a series of requirements that are common, and that can help us to better know what logistics consists of .
THE IMPORTANCE OF LOGISTICS IN THE COMPANY
We have already explained what it consists of, but if you are interested in the subject you should know its functions in a more concrete way. In this way, if what you want is to study logistics taking a Master in Logistics Online , for example, you can make your decisions based on reliable information.
Among all the activities carried out, some of the most important are:
- Provide customer service: Most logistics functionalities should focus on customers. Higher quality logistics will allow customer orders to be fulfilled faster.
- Planning routes and transport process: Indeed, the first thing we imagine when thinking about logistics is a parcel truck, and planning the most efficient routes is one of its functions.
- Manage and control inventory: Because an exhaustive control of the stock guarantees the correct functioning of a business.
- Process orders: Good stock management makes the ordering process easier and more efficient. Meeting consumer demands quickly results in happy customers … and more sales.
- Manage data: Data is perhaps one of the most important aspects of a company. Furthermore, logistics companies have a large amount of information about customers that must be managed correctly.
LOGISTICAL ASPECTS OF A COMPANY: THE KEYS
The truth is that each one must have processes that adapt to their needs, but there is a list of 7 elements or aspects that, by nature, a company must include:
- That the product is available.
- That the stock quantities are adequate for the business.
- That both the care of the products and the transport are correct.
- That all the materials are located in the place that corresponds to them, since this will allow easier access and, therefore, more efficiency.
- That the waiting times are optimal, without unnecessary delays or waiting.
- That the target or target audience is the right one for the business.
- That the price is optimal, something that can be achieved through a good approach.
THE PROFESSIONAL PROFILE OF A LOGISTICS OPERATOR
In general terms, a logistics operator within a company has a diverse role since its functions encompass tasks and projects such as receiving goods, dispatching material, storage, packaging and transportation. Depending on the size of the company, the logistics operator takes care of the entire process or has a team of delegates involved in each step. Therefore, people who want to work in this position should have various skills and qualities such as leadership, agility, being organized, and communicating well with other colleagues and people in various departments.
CAREERS RELATED TO LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORTATION
If you are clear about what you want to work in company logistics, at the European University we offer several programs so that you can advance in your professional career. Our portfolio includes options to study online or in person, so you have the freedom to choose the best option for you.